Thursday, October 23, 2008

Should I be an Asshole or continue being a nice guy?

Having alot of opinion from most of my closest friends, and everyone have the same common thought about me which is, I am too nice to people (However, when playing dota, I am not that nice,still trying to get rid of this bad habbit. No hard feelings Aravinth).

I have been living 10 months in Ames,Iowa and I have start to change to be a super nice guy.One of the reasons is when I first came to US, I have a good impression of the States. Most of them are so polite. " Thank you and Welcome" is the most common word here. Is hard to hear it in Malaysia, since we are kinda barbarian.HAHA. Well....., I am not bragging myself, I was told by my friends in ISU. Well, I think Aravinth and Sze Ming will disagree for sure, since I always pawn them in Dota. LOLZ. Being a nice guy is good, but my friend told me not to be too nice. Sometimes have to be an asshole, this is how you be a man. Is that true?

My friends said people will take advantage of you or I will get bullied. However in one of my basic principle is, helping and cheering up people is a merit. During summer, I help out my senior, Zi Ting , Ng when he is having an operation in Mary Greeley Medical Center. Now, I am so close to him, I knew so many friends because of him. If not, I am still the same old Eric like the beginning of the semester in ISU without any close friends; feeling depressed , sad and misses home all the time. I really want to thank this senior so much because he has changes my life in ISU. Once again, Thanks ZI.

There is many bad guys in the world, so is better not to be too nice and easily trust on people. This is true so I am going to change it a little by being an asshole sometimes. Any suggestions of being an asshole? HAHA. Hope this post will always remind me to be an asshole in the future.



(My senior resting in the hospital after the operation during summer, poor guy)



( Do I look like an ASSHOLE right now?)

Done for this post.

No comments: